Château Salverte, located between the Bec valleys and the Neubourg plateau, is a mid-18th century building with classical architecture, featuring three storeys of stone and brick.
Built from the 1740s onwards by the Mullot family, the building was constructed based on a typical layout at the time with two symmetrical wings, a ground floor and an identical first floor, and a third floor under a hipped roof, in the Mansard style. A central pediment overlooks each facade. Two keystone mascaron ornaments embellish the doorways on the main house facade and facing the courtyard, representing autumn and winter. Two others represent spring and summer on the south side facing the garden. The agricultural buildings testify to the importance of the estate, with stables, a kiln, a coach house, barns, fruit trees, ponds and more which were all listed on the Napoleonic land registry.
When it was sold to Eustache de Salverte in 1792, the estate took on his family name. The latter added the surrounding land to the château. After the departure of the last Salverte, several occupants were to follow in the 19th century, including the families of Loisel de Saulnayes, du Postis, de La Porte, and the writer and explorer Victor Meignan. At the beginning of the 20th century, it had turned into a simple farm.
Fragmented into several parts, the estate was then sold in 1949 to be transformed into a holiday camp centre. Taken over in December 2018 by the current owners, the house has been restored in order to welcome guests all year round.